Gas, also called flatulence is the passage of air from the stomach or intestines. Nowadays, due to an unhealthy diet and sluggish lifestyle, it is common to have stomach gas problems. Let us know some Home Remedies for Stomach Gas.
According to Ayurveda, all the diseases of the stomach area due to Tridosha of the body. Therefore, gas problems can be cured by pacifying Vata, Pitta, Kapha imbalance. Home remedies for stomach gas help a lot.
Stomach Gas problem is not an independent disease. It’s caused by an imbalance in the digestive system. Many times the serious pain starts due to gas. There is also the possibility of many other types of diseases due to stomach gas.
What is stomach gas?
Hydrogen, carbon dioxide and methane gas are released during the digestion of food, which causes gas or acidity. Weak digestion gives rise to Vata imbalance. Digestive fire begins to weaken due to excess impure elements.
To avoid it, Ayurveda suggests home remedies for gas.
Symptoms of gas in the stomach
- Pain in the stomach.
- Stomach appears bloated even after evacuation
- Feeling of stomach cramps and mild pain.
- Stinging pain and sometimes vomiting.
- Headache is also a symptom.
- Feeling lazy throughout the day.
In Ayurveda, all diseases are caused due to imbalance of Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Due to their normal state, a person remains disease-free. Gas is the most common problem, which occurs due to Vata imbalance.
Improper diet gives rise to Vata imbalance.
Five types of Vayu have been described in Ayurveda – Prana, Udana, Samana, Vyana and Apana Vayu.
Gas problem arises when Prana and Udana get imbalanced. But there are many other general reasons for it. Let’s see what are these reasons for gas problems-
- Excess production of bacteria in the stomach
- Talking while eating and not chewing the food properly.
- Stomach acid formation.
- Consumption of milk (varieties) can also cause gas problems.
- Mental anxiety or stress
- Acidity, indigestion, eating toxic food, constipation and taking certain medicines
- Excess intake of sweeteners and sorbitol-containing substances produces gas.
- Not having breakfast in the morning or staying empty stomach for a long time.
- Eating junk food or fried foods.
- Eating stale food.
- Not include yoga and exercise in your routine.
- Consuming excess beans, chickpeas, moth, urad dal etc
- Beans, cabbage, onions, pears, apples, peaches, milk and milk products affect most people with gas problems.
- Foods that contain a higher percentage of carbohydrates than fats or proteins make more gas.
- Food with excess carbohydrates..
- The problem of abdominal pain is often seen even in breastfed infants. Such a problem arises due to not breastfeeding properly. Mother taking a diet that increases vata.
- At the same time, the problem of stomach gas is seen in children consuming fast food or junk food.
Some people have acidity after eating food. Some always have a gas problem due to some reason. There is a need to change your diet and lifestyle.
First of all know about the diet plan-
- Take Vata pacifying food.
- Make changes in your diet. Take care of the amount of foods like beans, cabbage, and onions.
- Avoid sweeteners or sorbitol-containing products, which are used in sugar-free sweets and some medicines.
- Tea and Red Wine also help prevent follies.
- Now it comes that what kind of lifestyle changes can relieve gas, like-
- Wake up in the morning and do pranayama and yogasana.
- Chew the food and eat it, do not eat fast.
- Agnisara Kriya of yoga will improve digestion by increasing the strength of the intestines.
- Do not drink juice containing soda and preservatives.
- Drink more water.
- Avoid junk food, stale food and contaminated water as much as possible.
- Perform Pawanmuktasana, Vajrasana and Ustrasana.
- Vajrasana prevents gas formation after eating.
- Do this for 5 to 15 minutes. Gas is mostly formed due to weak digestive power.
- 1 Home Remedies for Gas Problem
- 1.1 Use of Carom seed
- 1.2 Harad or Haritaki as home remedy for stomach gas
- 1.3 Black Salt and Carom Seed
- 1.4 Ginger
- 1.5 Black Pepper and Dried Ginger
- 1.6 Ginger soaked in Lemon Juice
- 1.7 Lemon water
- 1.8 Tomato
- 1.9 Black Pepper Tea
- 1.10 Sattu
- 1.11 Use of cloves
- 1.12 Aloe Vera as Home Remedy for Stomach Gas
- 1.13 Coconut Water
- 1.14 Apple cider vinegar
- 1.15 When should I go to the doctor?
Home Remedies for Gas Problem
Use of Carom seed
Mix a little salt in a small spoon of carom and take it with hot water. This will also give relief in stomach spasms. Kids should be given a very small quantities. Consult an Ayurvedic doctor.
Harad or Haritaki as home remedy for stomach gas
Take Harad powder with honey to get relief from the gas problem.
Black Salt and Carom Seed
Grind equal quantities of carom, cumin, harad and black salt. For adults, take 2 to 6 grams with water immediately after eating. Reduce the quantity for children.
Make small pieces of ginger and sprinkle salt on it. Consume it 2-3 times a day. This gives relief from gas problems and increases appetite.
Black Pepper and Dried Ginger
After one hour of meal, 1 teaspoon black pepper, dry ginger and cardamom powder each. Mix them with 1/2 half glass water and consume.
Take 1/2 teaspoon dry ginger powder. Add a pinch of asafetida and rock salt. Mix them in a cup of hot water and drink. This eliminates the gas problem.
Ginger soaked in Lemon Juice
Gas can also be treated with ginger and lemon. Soaking some fresh sliced ginger in lemon juice. Keep a slice in your mouth after having your food. Don’t chew.
Take Nimbu ki Shikanji regularly on an empty stomach every morning for two months. Along with gas, it will also give relief in acidity. (Diabetics should not do this)
Also Read- Papaya Benefits
Add raw tomato to your salad. If you add black salt to it, It’s a plus. Patients suffering from any kind of stone should not consume raw tomatoes.
Black Pepper Tea
You can use black pepper to cure gas. If you have a headache due to gas, add black pepper to the tea. Drinking the same provides relief.
Gas is cured by taking hot sattu drinks. Mix sattu in hot water and drink. It provides sound relief.
Use of cloves
Having 1-2 cloves after lunch and dinner gives relief from gas.
Aloe Vera as Home Remedy for Stomach Gas
Aloe Vera is mostly used to enhance the beauty of the skin. It also helps in treating many diseases related to the stomach.
According to Ayurvedic experts, Aloe Vera has laxative properties. It prevents constipation and reduces gas in the stomach. Contact the nearest Ayurvedic specialist for dosage information.
Drinking coconut water gives relief from the gas problem. It s medicinal properties that relieve indigestion, gas and acidity.
Apple cider vinegar
Experts believe that apple vinegar can also ease the gas problem. It stimulates the digestive system and helps in digesting food quickly. This reduces the chances of producing gas in the stomach.
When should I go to the doctor?
Stomach gas is considered a common disease. Using the above home remedies for stomach gas gives sound relief. It is necessary to consult a doctor when its symptoms become complicated.
Tell us what you want to read about. Do share this post if you like it.
The content on ‘DailySyrup’ is strictly meant for general informational purpose only. It is not meant to be an alternative to medical consultation.