Your memory and concentration can affect multiple aspects of your life. Having good concentration means that you have the ability to focus on one thing at a time, without letting any distractions come in the way. As a result, you can make sure that your performance on any task – such as working, cooking, or even enjoying a recreational activity – can be great. Whether you are a working professional or a homemaker, you know that there are many days when your concentration may fail you, and this leads to mistakes on your part.
But did you know that common statements that people make at such times, like “Maybe I just have a weak memory” are totally incorrect? If you simply wish that your mental concentration could be a little sharper, then go for the herbal solutions. Using certain herbal supplements can help you to boost your memory without side effects that one can have after using drugs or medicines.
- 1 Why Should You Boost Your Memory and Concentration?
- 2 3 Best Herbal Supplements to Boost Memory and Improve Concentration
- 3 Baidyanath Shankh Pushpi Syrup:
- 4 Jiva Memorica Syrup:
- 5 Medlife Essentials Memostrong Tablet:
- 6 Dabur Brahmi Tablet:
- 7 Sri Sri Tattva Medhya Rasayana:
- 8 Tips to Boost Memory and Concentration:
Why Should You Boost Your Memory and Concentration?
Memory and concentration do not only have repercussions on task-based activities. They also affect the way you approach your life and habits. When both of them are sharp, they can help you:
- Focus your thoughts in positive ways
- Improve inner peace and confidence
- Keeping your mind free from anxiety and depression
- Improve your ability to meditate
These are all essential aspects that can help an individual live peacefully and happily.
3 Best Herbal Supplements to Boost Memory and Improve Concentration
The following are the 5 best herbal supplements you can try:
I still remember the childhood I used to take this. Little did I know about Shank Pushpi syrup then. Baidyanath Shankh Pushpi Syrup is made from a combination of Brahmi and Shankh Pushpi. Both herbs are very important for improving the brain’s functions. This syrup is nervine tonic, which means that it has positive effects on the nervous system. It has numerous benefits and some of these include:
- Useful for combatting insomnia – lack of sleep can affect the mind’s ability to focus and this syrup can help by letting you enjoy a fitful night’s sleep
- Good for minor cases of depression – depression also impacts focus and treating depression can help improve your overall concentration
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Improves your grasping or catching power
Jiva Memorica Syrup:
Jiva Memorica Syrup is made from the combination of Brahmi, Shankh Pushpi and Vacha. These herbs are all used in order to boost memory and concentration. Other ingredients in this syrup are Kushmand, which is known for nourishing brain cells, and Coriander that improves the gut functions so that your body can absorb healthy nutrients and function properly. Some of the benefits of taking this syrup are as follows:
- Improves mental focus
- Can help people who suffer from disturbed sleep
- Improves the brain’s ability to learn new things and retain new information
- Enhances a person’s intelligence
Made up of a combination of 8 different Ayurvedic herbs, Medlife Essentials Memostrong Tablet can help you to boost focus and memory. This is because it contains Ashvagandha, Brahmi, Shankhpushpi, Tulsi, Mandukaparni, Jyotishmati, and Yashtimadhu. The perfect blend of these herbs has created an excellent herbal supplements formula that helps improve the cognitive functions. Some of the benefits of this supplement are:
- Helps to fight against mental stress
- Enhances short and long-term memory
- Aids to improve concentration
- Boosts your mind’s learning ability
- Supports the normal functioning of nervous system
Dabur Brahmi Tablet:
Brahmi is a miracle herb that is known for its memory boosting properties. In Ayurveda, Brahmi is used as a brain tonic which rejuvenates the mind and improves brain performance. Dabur Brahmi Tablet is made of Brahmi powder and extract and uses all the goodness of nature to improve your cognitive skills. Some of the benefits of this supplement are:
- Commonly used to treat learning disabilities and cognitive impairment
- Possesses anti-stress properties, which can help you calm down and focus in stressful situations
- It can be used in order to counteract the onset of major cognitive disorders like Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
- Can help to treat epilepsy or seizures and reduce the frequency of future attacks
- Helps to protect against age-related cognitive decline
Sri Sri Tattva Medhya Rasayana:
Sri Sri Tattva Medhya Rasayana is an Ayurvedic syrup that is made from the combination of 8 essential herbs. These herbs are Brahmi, Shankh Pushpi, Vacha, Guduchi, Jatamansi, Yashtimadhu, Shatavari and Ashwagandha. These herbs together boost overall memory. Some of their benefits are as follows:
- Reduces mental stress, which allows people to concentrate on their tasks instead of feeling overwhelmed
- Helps to reduces physical stress, which can keep people working for longer
- Can help people to overcome anxiety
- It can help people with poor sleep
- Increases the mind’s ability to store and remember the information
Tips to Boost Memory and Concentration:
Apart from using any of these great herbal supplements, you can also follow these tips in your day routine life to improve your focus and memory:
- Indulge in a balanced and healthy diet. A nutrients rich diet supports the normal brain functions and helps to improve your brain performance.
- Try this concentration exercise: count backwards from 100. Every time you lose focus or interrupt your counting with a random, unrelated thought, then you must begin again. This is a good and gradual way to improve your focus.
- Meditate once in a day: Meditation is the best way to improve your focus and learning ability. it can help you not only improve your cognitive skills, but also control your emotions in a healthy manner.
- Practise yoga: Yoga is the combination of meditation and physical exercise. It can help to boost your cognitive skills by improving blood and oxygen circulation in the brain. This is good to maintain your overall health.
- Get proper Sleep: Lack of enough sleep negatively affects your mind and memory. Thus, make sure that you are getting enough sleep of 7-8 h daily.
- When learning something new, repeat information until you have it memorized. Doing this on a regular basis can sharpen your memory and make sure that it improves with time.
- Have a positive outlook. If you keep criticizing yourself for bad memory or focus, you will find it harder to improve as you will keep believing that you cannot improve!
Herbal solutions have been used in ancient times to help people in many ways and boosting cognitive functions is only one benefit that can be derived from such herbs. These herbal supplements work by increasing the blood circulation to the brain, changing the level of certain neurotransmitters and protecting your brain from free-radical mediated damage. A sharp mind and good memory will provide you a positive attitude towards life and increase your satisfaction, happiness, confidence and inner peace.
Various Online and offline Shop offers a wide range of herbal supplements and other OTC products for you to use as per your needs. Do remember to speak to your doctor before using any herbal or ayurvedic supplement. We wish you a great journey towards good health!