Best Shampoo in India 2022: Reviews and Guide
Welcome people. We know that hairs are the most valuable treasure sitting on our head which defines our personality and looks. Let’s find out the best shampoo in India which will help to keep our valuable treasure well maintained. We are sure to help you in finding the right shampoo and below are the lists.
- 1 How many types of shampoo are there?
- 2 10 best Shampoo in India 2022
- 2.1 WOW Apple Cider Vinegar No Parabens & Sulphate Shampoo
- 2.2 Indulekha Bringha Anti Hair Fall Shampoo
- 2.3 L’Oréal Paris EverPure Blonde Shampoo Sulfate Free
- 2.4 Biotique Bio Kelp Fresh Growth Protein Shampoo
- 2.5 Khadi Mauri Herbals Anti Dandruff Herbal Shampoo
- 2.6 L’Oreal Paris Total Repair 5 Shampoo
- 2.7 Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Shampoo
- 2.8 Himalaya Herbals Anti Hair Fall Shampoo
- 2.9 The Body Shop Ginger Scalp Care, Paraben-Free Shampoo
- 2.10 Dove Intense Repair Shampoo
- 3 Shampoo Know Hows
- 4 FAQs on the Best Shampoo in India
How many types of shampoo are there?
Normal hair shampoo
It is for people whose hair are chemically untouched and where scalps produces moderate sebum. These shampoos has lauryl sulfate as the primary detergent providing good cleansing and minimal conditioning
Dry hair shampoo
It is for people who have undergone chemical treatment or harsh styling procedures or have frizzy hair due to extreme climatic conditions. These shampoos provide mild cleansing and good conditioning.
Oily hair shampoo
It is for people whose scalp produce abundant sebum. These shampoos contain lauryl sulfates or sulfosuccinates as detergents and no conditioners.
It is for people who want to wash their hair daily. They generally contain mild detergents and typically do not incorporate the conditioners. But an instant stand-alone conditioner is recommended which can be applied immediately after shampooing in the shower and completely rinsed from the hair prior to drying.
Deep cleaning shampoo
It is for people who frequently use styling products, such as hair spray, gel, and mousse. Polymers build up on the hair shaft after continuous use and make the hair look rough, dull and feel harsh. To remove these polymers, a strong detergent like lauryl sulfates is used as their primary detergent. These shampoos are typically used once weekly
It is for babies where mild detergent is used which is non-irritating to the eyes and achieves mild cleansing, as babies produce limited sebum. However care should be taken that it should not come in contact with eyes as it is very delicate and no experiments should be entertained.
It is used for people with scalp problems like seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, bacterial or fungal infections. In addition to regular cleansers they contain active agents such as Tar derivatives, corticosteroids, salicylic acid, sulfur, selenium sulfide which replaces sebum with silicone to make the hair shiny, soft, and free of static electricity.
It is used by professional hair stylist and cosmetologist. They are either used before a cutting or styling procedure or before and after a chemical process like bleaching and dyeing or coloring process. Briefly these shampoos have ingredients in extremely concentrated forms or special anionic or cationic detergents that neutralize the harsh effects of chemicals on hair shaft or remove the residues of chemicals applied to achieve a particular hair style or color. They are not to be used for day to day hair care.
10 best Shampoo in India 2022
Below we have listed the top 10 best shampoos which you can buy online in India. You can find these shampoos as per your hair needs. We have also answered questions related to shampoo on DailySyrup.
WOW Apple Cider Vinegar No Parabens & Sulphate Shampoo
This Shampoo from WOW is the best shampoo in India one could ever find. It gently cleans the hair and scalp and makes our hair naturally smooth and shiny.
Featuring sulphate free and parabens free , it becomes our first choice. With its apple cider vinegar properties it makes our hair naturally free from dirt, bacteria and infections.
- Sulphate free and Parabens free, free from any harmful silicones and salts
- Best Organic Shampoo with concentrated apple cider vinegar which detoxes and restores hair with its antioxidants and antimicrobial
- Contains sweet almond oil which is rich in Vitamin E and nourishes hair
- Argan oil being its one of the ingredients adds moisture and softness to hair
- Best shampoo for all hair types, Removes dandruff, restores scalp health, naturally moisturize hair.
- no cons yet
Did you Know?
Any shampoo can clean our hair but the challenge to remove just enough sebum from hair so that it looks clean and beautiful with least chemicals used led to development of a range of products.
Indulekha Bringha Anti Hair Fall Shampoo
This shampoo is an ayurvedic medicine and best shampoo in India for Hairfall. It is completely organic, sulphate and paraben free .This is why it the best option for those who want to stop hairfall or restore hair health.
As the name of shampoo suggests, its ingredients comprise of full Bringharaj plant extracts – Bhringraj, Amla , Tulsi , Neem , Madhyantika , Shikakai , Rosemary .
- Parabens free, sulphate free, therefore can be used without giving a second thought
- It contains ingredients from 9 bringha plants because of which it gently cleanses hair
- It does not have any artificial color or fragrance added, it smells completely like a pure herbal shampoo
- Best shampoo to restore hair and prevent hairfall
- Some may not like its herbal fragrance
L’Oréal Paris EverPure Blonde Shampoo Sulfate Free
This shampoo from L’Oreal proves to be the best shampoo in India owing to its sulfate free and Iris Botanicals features.
It neutralizes any warm tone or brassiness created through coloring or highlighting hair. It has all natural ingredients free of sulfates, salts or surfactants that can strip, dull and damage hair.
- Deeply hydrates over-processed hair for pure shine and a soft, luxurious touch
- There are no harsh sulfates, salts or surfactants that can strip, dull and damage hair.
- It comes with fresh aromatic fragrance that blooms sweetly
- Offers 100% sulfate-free haircare
Biotique Bio Kelp Fresh Growth Protein Shampoo
This organic shampoo is preservative free and made from organic plant extracts to provide enough protein to our hairs for natural growth.
Its main ingredients is Bhringraj which is an ancient herb rich in proteins, used for centuries to prevent hair loss and premature greying, Inhibits dandruff and helps keep hair shining with health
- Organic, free from added preservatives
- It contains kelp which is cold water seaweed high in Vitamins are the keys to a healthy life. Overflowing with nutrients and antioxidants with skin enlightening and brightening powers, nutrients and minerals, coveted throughout the ages for its hair growth and strengthening properties
- Contains Bhringraj which is an ancient herb rich in proteins, it prevent hair loss and premature greying, Inhibits dandruff and helps keep hair shining with health
- fresh mellow fragrance
- Best for all hair types, hair feels good even without conditioner
- not yet
Khadi Mauri Herbals Anti Dandruff Herbal Shampoo
Khadi Mauri Anti Dandruff Herbal Shampoo is the best shampoo in India for dandruff problem. It contains a potent combination of strong anti- dandruff herbals like Heena, Neem, Basil, Nettle, Rosemary & Thorn apple which effectively cleanse the hair & scalp from all the dandruff & scurf without damaging the hair thus providing a clean, soft, well manageable & healthy hair. Khadi Mauri Herbal range of Ayurvedic products are purely natural and organic, prepared with the best quality natural extracts and ingredients.
- Contains heena, neem, basil, nettle, rosemary and thorn apple which completely removes dandruff from hair
- Sulphate free, parabens free, no chemicals
- naturally cleanses hair from root to tip, ensuring less hair fall and adding shine and lusture to hair
- best solution for dandruff prone hairs
L’Oreal Paris Total Repair 5 Shampoo
This shampoo fights from 5 hair problems – Hair fall, dryness, roughness, dullness and split ends without weighing it down.
It is ceramide-cement enriched which acts as cement for weak and limp hair and adds life to it. With regular use one can notice the remarkable change in hair texture and health.
- Best for all types of hair, with regular use it combats hair fall, dryness, roughness, dullness and split ends
- Infused with protein and ceramide which is most important for healthy and beautiful hair
- Gentle on hair,makes hair soft and manageable , has good fragrance
- Best for dry hair as it gently cleans hair keeping the natural moisture intact
- contains sulphur and parabens
Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Shampoo
Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Dandruff Shampoo is formulated with added moisturizers to cleanse and restore dry, frizzy hair and leave it up to 100% dandruff free.
It is the most popular and trusted dandruff shampoo care brand and it works like charm on dandruff together with making hair soft and beautiful.
- Cleanses and refreshes your hair and scalp , it locks frizz for 24 hours and offer you beautiful looking hair
- Gentle pH balanced formula and therefore can be used even on color treated hair
- best shampoo in India for dandruff, also it is awesome for dry and frizzy hair. With a sweet smell and sufficient lathering it works on your hair improving it with every wash.
- contains chemicals, not organic
Himalaya Herbals Anti Hair Fall Shampoo
Himalaya’s Anti-Hair Fall Shampoo reduces hair fall and provides nourishment to hair shafts. It also conditions and improves hair texture to reduce hair fall due to breakage.
The herbs Butea Frondosa and Bhringaraja stimulates hair follicle growth and are effective in strengthening hair roots and controlling hair fall.
- Contains Butea Frondosa or ‘flame of the forest’ which strengthens hair and helps promote hair growth.
- Its main ingredient is Bhringraj which nourishes the hair root, improves hair texture and reduces hair fall.
- best solution for hair fall, with regular use reduces upto 80 % hair fall and it makes hair beautiful and healthy
- contains mild chemicals, but its advantages are enough to outrage the negatives of chemicals.
Related: Best Foundations in India
Related: All About Foundations
The Body Shop Ginger Scalp Care, Paraben-Free Shampoo
Blended with potent ginger from Sri Lanka, birch bark, white willow extracts and Community Trade honey, this iconic scalp care shampoo gently removes loose flakes and soothes the scalp.
It makes scalp healthier and soothed with regular use as it is specially designed for scalp health.
- Best shampoo in India for scalp care as it removes 100 % dandruff and makes scalp healthier thus giving hair a new life
- completely vegetarian shampoo and hence can be used by everyone
- It soothes and moisturize scalp and makes hair stronger
- Suits best for people who has been longing to get rid of dandruff for years
- a little bit pricey
Related : Best Kajal in India
Related : Best Hair Straightener in India
Dove Intense Repair Shampoo
Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo is formulated with Nutri-Keratin Repair Actives, which helps hair to recover from damage in two different ways. The formulas repair signs of surface damage, making hair look and feel smoother and stronger against breakage.
It also penetrates the strands to provide hair nourishment deep inside, therefore making hair look healthier with regular use
- Nutri-Keratin Repair Actives help repair damage from deep inside hair and thus protect against future damage with continuous use
- Nourishes and moisturizes hair to give a beautiful frizz free look and feel to hair
- best for all hair types because it works magically on hair and makes hair ultra smooth and manageable
- contains sulphate
Shampoo Know Hows
How frequently shampoo should be used on hair?
The frequency of hair washing is usually an individual preference and is influenced by the length of hair, type of hair and climatic conditions. However, we must ensure that the least chemical-based shampoo we use on hair, the better it is. The use of chemicals regularly may not show side effects sooner but as we grow o
lder, all hair problems combine together which is enough to make us regret hair exposure on chemicals. So be sure to choose from the list of best shampoo in India and use it whenever required.
How much shampoo should you use?
Use a small size portion which will be enough to clean our hair. We should never overdo with shampoo and save our precious hair and money too. For preventing damage with direct shampoo, mix shampoo in 2 cups of water and then apply it to hair. Use warm water to rinse hair post shampoo in order to get rid of all chemicals .Use cold water to rinse finally to lock shine into hair.
Why should we use sulphate free shampoo?
Anything we put on your skin or scalp can seep into our body . This is why many natural health experts recommend avoiding any shampoos with the foaming agents sodium laureth sulfate and ammonium laureth sulfate as main ingredients because these are said to be cancergenic. Though we have been using these shampoos for years with no such complains but precaution is better than cure. So next time when you buy a shampoo, look for ingredients which should be “eth” free.
Are all organic shampoos sulphate and parabens free?
No, not all organic shampoos are sulphate and paraben-free. We need to check the complete ingredients list to find out. Almost all shampoo contains sodium laureth sulfate. This is the main cleansing ingredient and produces enough lather to clean our hair. The organic shampoo does not have sodium laureth sulfate in it, however, it may contain other sulphate chemicals which is less damaging and needed for cleaning hair. Sulphate compounds remove grease from our hair. 100% organic shampoo may leave our hair greasy even after wash.
All you need to keep in mind for your dream like hair
We have been switching from one brand to another to find the perfect shampoo. Though we agree that kind of shampoo plays an important role, however we need to focus that most important part is our lifestyle. Almost all women out there suffering from hair damage need to understand that NO shampoo out there can solve hair issues on its own. That rests entirely upon us and the kind of lifestyle we lead
All a shampoo can do is clean hair of dirt and impurities without resorting to using sulfates and parabens in its chemical composition. Use a shampoo which will not harm hair and complement this with several other activities to maintain healthy hair . Including oiling your hair at regular intervals, eating healthy, sleeping well, and drinking sufficient water daily.
FAQs on the Best Shampoo in India
Which is the No 1 best shampoo in India?
WOW Apple Cider Vinegar No Parabens & Sulphate Shampoo is good.
Which shampoo brand is best in India?
L’Oreal is the best shampoo brand in India preferred by people and celebrities.
What are the top 10 hair shampoos?
WOW Apple Cider Vinegar No Parabens & Sulphate Shampoo
How do I choose the best shampoo for my hair?
You can first see the types of shampoo that are available for various types of hairs, depending on your hair type like oily hairs, dry hairs you can choose the best shampoo for your hair.
Which is a mild shampoo?
Himalaya Herbals Anti Hair Fall Shampoo is a good mild shampoo which you can consider.
Hope that we were able to clear your doubts and we have helped you in selecting the right product. In case you have any more questions please let us know below in the comments and we will get back to you. Also See 10 Best Baby Shampoos In India 2022 – Expert Reviews & Buying Guide and Best Shampoo for Men in India.